A few questions before purchasing please?

I’ve been researching the Luna Display and have been very impressed with all of the praise. That said, I would be using this product more as a remote display rather than a second monitor between my iPad Pro 11” and MacBook Pro 15” 2017 generally in different rooms via Wi-Fi. I do have a few questions if you please…

• My current Remote Desktop client (SplashTop) allows me to use a mouse pointer for more granular control. Is there a similar method available using Luna Display to select items with granular control (not including external devices such as trackpads, or the Apple Pencil)? Are all of the basic gestures covered?

• I run Windows 10 via a virtual machine using Parallels on my Mac. I assume there would be no issues using Windows with the Luna Display since it’s run natively on my Mac, correct?

• Can the iPad onscreen keyboard be used for text entry when using the Luna Display?

I appreciate any help with these questions in advance,
Chuck

0 Likes

I have Luna and have not exploited it much yet, but I can say that the things you are asking about are things I do with Astropad Studio.

• Studio works best with a stylus especially Apple Pencil. For fine control you can zoom the viewport. It has a ‘finger mode’ you can use instead of stylus, but I don’t use it.

• Parallels/Windows 10 works as expected.

• Astropad has its own onscreen keyboard. It’s better than the iPad native one. You can also limit it to just Cmd/Opt/Shift keys.

I know I addressed Astropad here, but the same Mac side helper drives both Studio or Luna.

0 Likes

Thanks so much for the info. I’ve contacted Luna twice with these questions but have yet to hear back from them.

0 Likes

if there’s some way to type on the ipad, I haven’t found it. I tried all sorts of gestures to get some text into this textbox, but could not find one that worked.

I don’t have astropad, so cant comment on that.

0 Likes

As to my knowledge, Luna does not provide a software based Keyboard using the Luna App. But Luna will also work with Astropad Standard/Studio which actually has Keyboard input support. But if I were you, I would think about a bluetooth keyboard or keyboard folio for the iPad - it will work fine with Luna.

0 Likes