iMac and iPad do not connect wirelessly

Using a iPad Pro 12.9 first gen/iOS 12.1 and a iMac Pro running High Sierra 10.13.3 the Luna Display is plugged into the back of the iMac and the software installed on both devices, though they do not find each other on the network. I tried rebooting, and that didn’t work. When I plug the iPad into the iMac via USB it works, the whole reason I bought this was to be able to go wireless. What might be wrong?

Thanks.

Hello kathayes!

Would you be able to tell me if you have a 2.4gHz or 5gHz connection? Our recommended network settings is a 5gHz connection with at least 600mbps download for an optimum experience.

Another thing to try is when you’re setting up the Luna to detect, there should be an option to manually connect with a QR code. You can get to that by opening up your Luna app on your Mac. Then click on Connect Info… From there you can click on Wi-Fi Manual Connect. Then it should bring up a QR code.

Next, on your tablet, open up the Luna app. You can follow the same steps as the MacOS app, instead this time it’ll ask for you to hover the camera over the QR code. Once you do that, Luna should force the tablet and the Mac to connect to each other on Wi-Fi.

Let me know how this goes!

I’m having the same problem. Both iPad and MacBook Pro are on the same 5G WiFi and AirDrop works between them. I can also print wirelessly from my iPad so I think Bonjour is working?

Manual WiFi works out the correct name of my MacBook Pro, but doesn’t connect :frowning:

Cable works, but that limits me to being in the same room!